SMB owners today are often faced with the challenge of maintaining a reliable IT infrastructure without breaking the bank. This is why co-managed IT services have become an increasingly popular solution for small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) looking to maximize efficiency and minimize costs.
According to a recent report, implementing managed services can drastically reduce IT costs by as much as 45%, while simultaneously increasing operational efficiency from 45% to 65%. Partnering with AIS, one of the leading providers of co-managed IT solutions can help businesses embrace technology and stay competitive in today’s business landscape. Here’s how.
What Is Co-Managed IT?
Co-managed IT is a type of managed service in which an external Managed Service Provider (MSP) works together with an organization’s internal IT staff. Co-management can include tasks such as maintaining software, providing technical support, managing backups and business continuity, ensuring IT security protocols are being followed, and providing training for employees on how to use new technology.
AIS has developed an innovative co-managed IT solution that provides SMBs with additional expertise and resources to help them succeed in the ever-changing business landscape. Our co-management model enables us to work hand-in-hand with your in-house IT staff to ensure that all aspects of your IT infrastructure are being managed efficiently and effectively.
How Do Co-Managed IT Services Work?
The co-management approach allows businesses to leverage the expertise, resources, and scalability of an outside provider while still maintaining control over important aspects of their IT infrastructure.
In other words, the co-managed provider assumes some of the management responsibilities of an organization’s IT infrastructure and acts as an extended arm of the business’s internal IT department, providing ongoing support and maintenance without taking away control from the staff.
The co-managed partner will also have access to best practices and technologies that are not available to the organization’s internal IT staff. This can help organizations optimize their IT systems and processes in order to increase efficiency and realize cost savings.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Co-Managed IT?
When selecting co-managed services for your organization, evaluate the advantages and potential drawbacks of adopting a co-managed approach. Here are the pros and cons of co-managed services.
The Pros of Co-Managed Services
The co-management approach offers a number of advantages for businesses, which include the following:
- Reduced Overhead Costs: Co-managed services allow organizations to offload some of the more complex and time-consuming tasks associated with managing their IT infrastructure. This can help reduce overhead costs as well as free up internal resources for other initiatives.
- Access to Specialized Expertise: By partnering with an external co-managed IT provider, organizations will have access to the expertise and best practices of a larger organization. Access to experts can provide organizations with an edge when it comes to staying ahead of ever-evolving security threats, while also helping them stay ahead of industry trends.
- Improved Scalability: Co-managed services are highly scalable and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of any business. As organizations grow and change, co-managed providers help organizations quickly and easily adjust their IT infrastructure.
The Cons of Co-Managed Services
Co-managed IT can also be a risky choice for some organizations—here are a few potential drawbacks:
- Cost: Co-managed services can be expensive because organizations are paying for both their internal IT staff and the co-managed partner. This cost can vary depending on the workload of the co-managed provider and what services they are providing.
- Loss of Control: When partnering with an external IT co-managed provider, organizations may be giving up some level of control over the management of their IT systems. This is something that should be taken into consideration when deciding if co-managed services are the right choice for an organization.
- Increased Complexity: When working with an IT co-managed provider, organizations may find that their systems become more complex than before. As such, it’s important to ensure that all parties are familiar with the technology for smooth operations.
What Sets AIS Apart as a Co-Managed Provider?
AIS takes co-managed IT to the next level by delivering technology roadmaps tailored to each individual organization’s goals. You can create an individualized roadmap for your objectives that cover the next 1 year, 3 years, and 5 years.
This roadmap provides a simplified way to plan ahead with a visual representation of what success looks like over time. And it helps organizations stay ahead of the curve when it comes to their IT infrastructure, ensuring that their systems are up-to-date and secure.
How AIS Can Help Your Business Expand and Succeed
Whether you are looking for co-managed services to help your organization run more smoothly or to access specialized expertise, AIS is here to support your goals. We work alongside your internal IT staff to provide the best of both worlds—the expertise of an external provider and the control of your own internal resources.
Our experts have your best interest in mind and can provide the guidance needed to help your organization reach its full potential. Take advantage of our experts’ specialties and create an IT infrastructure with the power to scale and expand your business.
Let’s Grow Your Business Together
At AIS, we understand the evolving needs of small businesses. That’s why we’ve tailored our co-managed IT services to help you build and grow your business. Our co-managed services allow SMBs to leverage the expertise of an experienced co-managed provider, enabling them to quickly and easily deploy new technologies that can boost their productivity and efficiency.
With our services, you get access to our team of dedicated experts who are ready to help you develop a technology roadmap to meet your short- and long-term goals. Speak with a specialist today to learn how we can take your business to the next level with our services.