AIS’s incident response is an organized approach to addressing and managing a security breach or attack. With this approach, we handle the situation in a way that limits damage and reduces recovery time and costs. Our incident response team creates a plan that defines a step-by-step process for dealing with a security incident and executes that plan in the event that an incident occurs. That plan includes 6 critical steps that will be catered to specific systems and updated as cybersecurity measures adapt and improve:
- Preparation: AIS works proactively to ensure that users and IT staff remain up-to-date on network security measures and are prepared to respond to incidents quickly and effectively.
- Identification: The response team tracks Internet security activity in order to identify security incident should one occur.
- Containment: The team then determines how far the problem has spread and disconnects all effected systems to prevent further damage.
- Eradication: The team determines the origin of the incident and removes the root of the problem.
- Recovery: The team restores systems from clean backup files and monitors for weakness.
- Analysis: The team analyzes the incident and response in order to identify problems, improve future responses and prevent a recurrence.
With an organized incident response plan, AIS can help eliminate the chaos and uncertainty of security incidents by quickly eliminating problems and recovering systems.